Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Cloaking Device project update

I put the Sakai User Cloaking Device project on hold sometime in December.

We had issues getting our Load Testing project into motion. For example, not enough local licenses to do load testing using our existing software and getting QA bandwidth to push it through. In our analysis we were worried about having enough local network bandwidth to do it ourselves. The concern was that if we used the PC / Mac student clusters during off-hours we would bottleneck on transport out to the server pool. So we were looking for vendors with multiple locations. They would come into the Stanford net from the big, outward facing pipes.

It's still a neat idea, and I suppose that a dedicated group could do heavy ( like 1500 simultaneous users ) testing using jmeter and a cluster of machines. As jmeter doesn't 'do javascript' I'm not so sure how that would work out.

No comments: